Squid ink is an extraordinarily delicious ingredient; it adds indescribable complexity, even when it’s used in small quantities.This stunning squid ink risotto recipe is a Venetian classic, with bountiful squid offering the moody ink that gives the dish its famous colour.
- Sauté onion and garlic in butter and oil until soft. Add rice and stir to combine.
- Add white wine and stir until rice has absorbed.
- Add squid and squid ink and stir to combine.
- Add a ladleful of boiling water at a time to the rice stirring until it is absorbed, approximately 25 minutes.
- Stir through 30ml of cream.
- Serve with grated Parmigiano and chopped flat leaf parsley.
Be first to receive our recipes!
Click on letter to sign up.