50g grated Pecorino Romano
50g grated parmesan
3 large eggs
400g Rummo spaghetti
2 garlic cloves
50g unsalted butter
salt and pepper
1. Finely chop guanciale, having first removed any rind.
2. Beat the 3 eggs in a bowl and season wit pepper then set aside.
3. Bring water to boil in a large saucepan. Add 1 tsp salt to the boiling water and add spaghetti. Simmer spaghettti, covered, until al dente.
4. Squash garlic cloves and fry it with the guanciale. Drop the unsalted butter into a large frying pan and after melted, tip in guanciale and garlic. Leave to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until guanciale is golden and crisp.
5. When the pasta is ready, add it to the frying pan with the guanciale. Keep the pasta water.
6. Mix the cheese in with the eggs and pour the mixture in the pan with spaghetti. Lift the spaghetti with fork in order to mix everything easily. Egg mixture will thicken while mixing. Add extra pasta water to keep the sauce moist and season with a little salt and pepper. Serve immidiately.