There’s nothing more traditional to Spanish cuisine than a classic Paella dish, packed full of flavour. Meat, seafood, and vegetables justify their place in the pan as flavour lenders for the single most important ingredient of every paella: the rice.
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 250g boneless chicken thighs
- 2 chorizo sausages
- 2 cloves garlic, 1 onion, 1 roasted red pepper
- 1 can Antica Napoli whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups calaspara rice
- 3 strands saffron
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Chicken stock keep warm on stove top
add the olive oil to a Paella pan or frying pan and brown chicken thighs over a medium heat.
- Add chorizo to pan until juices run, set aside.
Garlic, onion and roasted red pepper add to pan and sauté.
- Add tomatoes and tomato paste with calaspara rice to pan.
- Season with smoked paprika and saffron strands, add half of the chicken stock and stir for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining chicken stock and let it simmer on a medium heat. After 10 minutes add prawns, cover loosely with foil and leave to simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Our tip: in the last 20 minutes of cooking do not stir then you will have a classic crust at the base of your paella.
- Serve at the table from the pan with slices of fresh lemon and a glass of Spanish Tempranillo.
Be first to receive our recipes!
Click on letter to sign up.