Store bought Panettone cake
500ml of milk
6 egg yolks
2 – 3 tbsp of flour
1 pod of vanilla, cut in half lengthwise
100g of sugar
150ml of full fat cream
1. Place the milk, vanilla seeds and the vanilla pod in a pot and bring to the boil stirring continuously.
2. Beat the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl and fold in the flour. Slowly add the hot milk to the egg mixture in a thin stream and mix well, then return everything to the pot, remove the vanilla pod and on a low heat bring to the boil once again, stirring continuously.
4. Do not allow to keep boiling. Leave to cool stirring every now and then.
5. Whip the cream until stiff and fold into the vanilla cream.
6. Pour into the cake, place the lids on top and serve dusted with icing sugar.