To Assemble Tiramisu:
3 eggs separated
½ cup sugar
3 tbsp sweet Marsala
500g mascarpone, softened
¾ cup strong black coffee
1 packet savoiardi, (sponge fingers)
20 amaretti biscuits crushed
Cocoa powder for sprinkling
1. In a bowl place the egg yolks, sugar and Marsala. Reserve the egg whites for later
2. Whisk yolk mixture over boiling water until it becomes thick and creamy and sugar has dissolved.
3. Whisk in the mascarpone till smooth
4. Whisk egg whites to stiff peaks and fold into mascarpone mixture
5. Dunk the sponge fingers in the coffee. Layer the bottom of a 20cm square serving dish with the sponge fingers and sprinkle on half the crushed amaretti.
6. Place half mascarpone mix on top and smooth.
7. Layer another level of sponge fingers that have been soaked and top with amaretti.
8. Top with the remainder of mascarpone mix. Smooth top and dust with cocoa powder.
9. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours